Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Old Friends

I just spent the weekend with some friends from way back, friends from grade school and high school. There is something really special about old friends. They grew up where you grew up. The grew up when you grew up. They grew up with you. They remember the sights, the smells, the sounds. They remember being innocent, and life just being about playing and having fun. Somehow being with them brings back those happy days.

Some say that is living in the past. They say you need to live in the present and deal with the realities that life is now. Maybe that is true I need to worry about today. Or maybe I should just say to these people, "screw you" I want to life like I did as a kid.

I love my old friends and I wouldn't trade them or the memories for anything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment